Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7077 - 14/04/2000 09:50 Alternate "append" mode wish
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The "append" feature in the search screens is good. However, the only option seems to be that it appends to the END of the current playlist. This is useful in some situations, but more often, I would prefer the searched song to be inserted NEXT into the playlist, at the current location, instead of at the end.

For example, let's say I have a great big playlist running. But I decide there's one particular song I want to hear. So I do a search for it and hit it. It plays, but when it's done, it just sits there. Where'd my playlist go? Sorry, it's gone. Silent Empeg. Awww.

Perhaps this could be a new default behavior for the "Search by title" screen:

1) If you pick one song in regular "Search" mode and hit DNPP, it inserts the song next in the playlist and jumps to the beginning of the searched song. When that song is done, the playlist continues.

2) If you press CD-MD-CH and pick the song in "Append" mode, it inserts the song at the end of the playlist but does not jump to it.

3) If you press CD-MD-CH a second time, it enters a new mode called: "Insert" (as oppsed to "Append"). In this mode, it inserts the the song next in the playlist but doesn't stop playing the current song.

Has this been suggested before?

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#7078 - 16/04/2000 11:48 Re: Alternate "append" mode wish [Re: tfabris]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
The "append" feature in the search screens is good. However, the only option seems to be that it appends to the END of the current playlist. This is useful in some situations, but more often, I would prefer the searched song to be inserted NEXT into the playlist, at the current location, instead of at the end.

Hey, what do you know..this "wish" has been in my listing of 'wish-lists' for 2-3 months now:)
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units